Spook Hollow 2022 and the other Peoria Haunted Houses are gearing up for Halloween for the season. Here’s a review of the three main haunted houses plus a few other Halloween events happening in the Peoria area this season.
The longest running haunted attraction in Illinois is Spook Hollow 2022. For over 40 years, the Marquette Heights Men’s Club has run Spook Hollow, which features 3 “spooks” including the main one (Spook Hollow) plus M.C. Mansion and M.C. Nightmare. This year will be no different. The event runs Friday and Saturday for the last 3 weekends in October (Oct. 14 & 15, 21 & 22 and 28 & 29) with tickets going on sale at the gate beginning at 6:30 pm through 11 pm each night. Tickets are $30 or $45 for a “RIP Speed Pass” which can help bypass most of the line (it does not give instant access). Advance tickets for Spook Hollow 2022 are available at https://spookhollow.ticketleap.com/2022 100% of the proceeds from this fundraiser for the club are donated back to Marquette Heights and surrounding communities.
Another popular Peoria area haunted house is Spider Hill which takes place at Three Sisters Park in Chillicothe every Friday & Saturday in October. It includes 3 “haunts”: Massacre Mansion, Trail of Terror and Zombie Invasion, Final Chapter. Gates open at 6 pm each night and ticket sales begin at 7 pm and run through 11 pm. Each of the first 2 attractions are $20 each and the Zombie Invasion is $10 or a combo ticket with all three is $45. Fast pass tickets are $30 for the first 2 “haunts”, $15 for the Zombie Invasion, or $65 for all 3. This year’s Zombie invasion is NOT a paintball attraction like in years past, so is family friendly for all ages. No pre-sale tickets are available, but more information can be found at https://www.threesisterspark.com/spider-hill
And new this year, is Aura Haunted House taking over the historic Pollak Hospital Building in Bartonville. The haunt will be open every Friday & Saturday in October, opening on Friday, Sept. 30 plus will also be open on Halloween night. Hours are 7 – 11 pm each night. There will also be two “black out” dates where you go through the indoor haunt in complete darkness with one glow stick per group. on November 4 & 5.
The Illinois Asylum for the Incurable Insane was originally operated by the State of Illinois from 1902 until 1973 and during that time, the Pollak Hospital saw hundred of patients pass away from tuberculosis. According to stories and eyewitness accounts, including paranormal investigations, some of the people who passed on, remained behind at the Pollak to walk the hallways. Tickets are $30, $45 for a fast pass or $60 for an instant pass which takes you to the front of the line and are available in advance at http://aurahauntedhouse.com
Other Peoria Area Halloween Events:
- Party to Murder at Barn III Dinner Theatre on September 29 – October 30 (Thursdays through Sundays)
- Historic Springdale Cemetery Tours on September 30, October 1 and 7 – 9
- Magic of Halloween, the Peoria Pops Orchestra’s concert at the Scottish Rite Theatre on October 7
- Misery at Peoria Players Theatre, based on the popular Stephen King classic novel on October 7 – 9 and 13 – 16
- Hall-Zoo-Een for the little ones at the Peoria Zoo on October 14 & 15
- Día De Los Muertos: Love Never Dies at Art. Inc on October 15
- Wildlife Scary Park at Wildlife Prairie Park on October 21 – 23 and 28 – 30
- Fondulac Farm Park Witches Walk on October 21 & 22
- Lakeview After Dark & Carn-Evil (adults only) on October 20 – 22
- Haunted Peoria Tours by the Peoria Historical Society on October 7, 8, 15, 21, 22, 28 & 29
- Rocky Horror Picture Show at Peoria Players Theatre – bring your props and sing along on October 28 & 29
- Young Dead Frankenstein Murder Mystery at Mackinaw Valley Vineyard on October 28 & 29
- Halloween Themed Laser Light Shows at the Peoria Riverfront Museum on October 29
- The Governor’s Masked Ball at the Betty Jayne Center for the Performing Arts on October 29
Find Halloween and other Peoria area events on our Events Calendar!